Seven Days
We received the call last Thursday! Well to be technical, I called and discovered that our new house was ready for us. We viewed the house at 10 am Friday morning and we had keys by 11:15. Thanks to Ross' amazing friends, the majority of our household goods were in our new place by 7:30 that evening. I was thankful for all the help I had received throughout last week to get almost everything packed up and ready. It truly made the move so much easier.
Levi did great with the move! He didn't even notice that he was sleeping in a different place, but the kid doesn't know if he is sleeping in his bed, his car seat, Target, or his precious ottoman. I think Levi's transition has been the easiest out of everyone. He has discovered something recently that I think people from the South take for granted. Ceiling fans. They are quite the luxury here in the North Country and I am thankful we have them in the new house. Levi loves them. He talks to them, laughs at them, and challenges them to a mean staring competition. That alone is worth all the work the past seven days have been!
Juno on the other hand... She is pretty nervous in the new place. She doesn't really care about her yard or that her things are here. She is happy with two very basic things; ice machine and linoleum floors. Our insane dog who was once terrified of ice, now comes running whenever she hears the ice maker going and the takes her prized possession and slides it all around the linoleum. It's almost as good as Levi and the ceiling fan.
Ross and I haven't had a lot of down time to see how we are adjusting. On Saturday, two of Ross' friends from West Point stopped by to visit. It was good to catch up a little bit and see how everyone has changed in the past two years. Saturday night we went to a cookout and were able to relax a little bit with some friends and eat food that wasn't delivered by the Papa John's driver. We spent all of Sunday opening boxes, setting up beds, attempting to find towels, shower curtains, eating utensils, and other basic necessities. We were also preparing for Ross' brother and his wife to arrive on Monday afternoon. We were attempting to not be swimming in boxes by the time they arrived.
We were able to spend five days with Brad and Courtney and tiny little baby nephew no-name. Levi put on a great show for his aunt and uncle while they were here. I think he also gave them a pretty good crash course on what is to come this fall. He proved to Uncle Brad that he can change diapers like a professional, even 3 within an hour at times! Levi got very good at melting Aunt Courtney with his tiny smile. They were such a help this week! They took on Levi and Juno for me so I could run errands, unpack a box or two, or even just shower. I really don't know what I would have done without them this week. I wouldn't be near as far into getting the house settled for sure!
Last night we took Brad and Courtney to a little beach that Ross and I stumbled across last fall when my parents were visiting. We then went to a pizza place off of the water in Sackets Harbor. We found out that Levi is quite the ladies man when the waitress, bartender, hostess, and who I assume is the proprietor, all watched him very closely the entire time we were there. The possible proprietor gave Courtney and I some advice on our way out, "You can never hold babies enough at this age". If that is true, Levi is set and will be even more so in the week to come.
My mom is flying in on Monday to help unpack and hang pictures. Who am I kidding... She is coming to hold Levi! I know that he is going to soak it all up and melt Mom just like he did Aunt Courtney. I cannot express how thankful I am to have the family we have. They are all so willing to do anything we need them to do for us. My dad is coming up in a few weeks to make the 24+ hour drive back to Oklahoma with Levi, Juno, and I. I'm not sure how my non-dog loving father is going to do with Juno, but I suppose this is a good way to figure it out! I may need to put in a call to the vet for some more tranquilizers...
Ross and I have a hot Friday night date planned for tonight. Washer and dryer shopping! My how life has changed... Growing up is so strange.
Comments
Post a Comment