Listening

It has been pretty quiet around here lately. The past week or so has been full of Ross and I attempting to decide if we should move on post, getting summer plans (somewhat) in order, catching naps when able, and keeping Levi as happy as possible. Out of everything, Levi is still the easiest!

We have returned to having the company of a friend of ours who recently returned home from a deployment. He stayed with us for about six weeks before he left last summer ("curse" of the married couple with a handful of single friends!) and we have happily fed him and allowed him to keep us company the past couple nights. Juno LOVES Greg and he keeps her entertained for the time he is here visiting. It doesn't matter the size of the blessing, it is the fact there are blessings everywhere.

Levi and I are working on developing a nice schedule during the day. Ross and I have been blessed with a baby who may enjoy sleeping as much as we do! Except for a few colic-like days, Levi enjoys naps, he just insists on being held in order to enjoy the nap. I am figuring out how to unload the dishwasher and do other small tasks while holding our 9 pound (WHOAH) human. I use the phrase "small task" lightly, because I told Ross a couple days ago that my biggest accomplishment of the day was that the floors got swept. It may have taken me an hour to accomplish the task between letting Juno out, going to the bathroom for the first time that day, eating a quick lunch, and enjoying having two available arms. I am not complaining, I am finally understanding what people had been talking about.

As I mentioned, Levi has hit the 9 pound mark. Ross and I were expecting to bring a 9 pound baby home from the hospital, but we were given a 7 pound (6 lbs 15 oz at discharge) boy instead. I am now 100% aware of the fact that we are not given more than we can handle. God made Levi a 7 pound baby because women who deliver 9+ "pounders" deserve medals. Both of our moms gave birth to "larger" babies (Ross and I both were NOT non-chubby kids) and knowing what I know now, they may get a better Mother's Day gift because of it!

I just realized (thanks to Ross snoring beside me) that I am not taking advantage of sleeping time. It is going to take me a while to get this whole "Mom" thing down...

Comments

  1. Cute post Kayla, I also was a BIG baby. I also have expressed the fact that my mom is a warrior! Happy up coming Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Change of Identification

Late, but Never Forgotten Memory