Catch Up
It's been close to two months since my last post. Things have been a little hectic since the last post and I'm greatly looking forward to having some calmness. Life with a six month old equals never having calmness EVER again. Ever, ever, ever again...
First things first. LEVI'S TESTS CAME BACK NORMAL!!! We had his last blood test and evaluation with the specialist mid-August and everything came back normal. This is such a huge blessing. Unfortunately Levi didn't hear the phone call with the good news, because he didn't instantly understand that he doesn't need to eat every three hours anymore. We are still working on it, but the boy likes to eat! Think about us as our grocery bill is going to be insane in a few years :)
Levi, Juno, and I made another trip to Oklahoma the last part of August and stayed through most of September. It was kind of a spur of the moment decision to go back that was made and we left all within a week. We made it back home just in time for Levi to have three days of almost constant screaming while his first two teeth broke through completely. Teething is not for the faint of heart. It's loud, it's tearful (for both of us), it's exhausting, it's painful (for your ears, heart, and physically if you are breastfeeding). It's difficult. I'm not excited that his top two teeth are possibly working their way out as I type this. Tylenol is our friend!
Ross was in California doing his pre-deployment training while we were in Oklahoma. He still does not have orders for this deployment, but everyone is doing their best to be prepared for when they come down our way. It is beginning to feel like we are in a game of "Telephone" with the army and the information is changed as it arrives. They tell someone one thing and after 11 different versions of the rumor are passed around, we have to decide what we will believe. My current stand point is to not bank on anything except that Ross will deploy in January and during that time Levi and I will do what is best for us. Winter vacation in Oklahoma? Quite possible since northern NY is not fantastic for us snow haters.
At the moment we have about two and a half months of nothing too big happening. Except for a few trainings here and there for Ross that is. We are going to use this down time to get Little Man on a routine and hopefully a full-night sleep schedule. We are working on the "cry it out" technique at the moment and have been for almost a full week now. It took two night of no sleep for me and then Ross and I decided that it was time for something to change. Levi is not a fan, but who likes to have their routine switched up? I'm not sure who this technique has been harder on though. I spent the first three nights of Levi crying, crying myself. I know what will make him stop, but it isn't what is best for him, me, or Ross and me. We are working through it, but this whole parenthood thing is tough.
Our baby is now half a year old, rolling all around, saying Momma, torturing poor Juno, finding Juno's rawhides, and is eating baby food like a pro. The kid can put some food away! For those who know Levi's father, this is no surprised. Levi has hit 18.5 pounds and making the waistline on his 6 months pants work hard :)
Is this where I thought being 25 was going to be like? No. Is there much I want to change? Other than my pile of laundry and DIRTY bedroom, absolutely not.
First things first. LEVI'S TESTS CAME BACK NORMAL!!! We had his last blood test and evaluation with the specialist mid-August and everything came back normal. This is such a huge blessing. Unfortunately Levi didn't hear the phone call with the good news, because he didn't instantly understand that he doesn't need to eat every three hours anymore. We are still working on it, but the boy likes to eat! Think about us as our grocery bill is going to be insane in a few years :)
Levi, Juno, and I made another trip to Oklahoma the last part of August and stayed through most of September. It was kind of a spur of the moment decision to go back that was made and we left all within a week. We made it back home just in time for Levi to have three days of almost constant screaming while his first two teeth broke through completely. Teething is not for the faint of heart. It's loud, it's tearful (for both of us), it's exhausting, it's painful (for your ears, heart, and physically if you are breastfeeding). It's difficult. I'm not excited that his top two teeth are possibly working their way out as I type this. Tylenol is our friend!
Ross was in California doing his pre-deployment training while we were in Oklahoma. He still does not have orders for this deployment, but everyone is doing their best to be prepared for when they come down our way. It is beginning to feel like we are in a game of "Telephone" with the army and the information is changed as it arrives. They tell someone one thing and after 11 different versions of the rumor are passed around, we have to decide what we will believe. My current stand point is to not bank on anything except that Ross will deploy in January and during that time Levi and I will do what is best for us. Winter vacation in Oklahoma? Quite possible since northern NY is not fantastic for us snow haters.
At the moment we have about two and a half months of nothing too big happening. Except for a few trainings here and there for Ross that is. We are going to use this down time to get Little Man on a routine and hopefully a full-night sleep schedule. We are working on the "cry it out" technique at the moment and have been for almost a full week now. It took two night of no sleep for me and then Ross and I decided that it was time for something to change. Levi is not a fan, but who likes to have their routine switched up? I'm not sure who this technique has been harder on though. I spent the first three nights of Levi crying, crying myself. I know what will make him stop, but it isn't what is best for him, me, or Ross and me. We are working through it, but this whole parenthood thing is tough.
Our baby is now half a year old, rolling all around, saying Momma, torturing poor Juno, finding Juno's rawhides, and is eating baby food like a pro. The kid can put some food away! For those who know Levi's father, this is no surprised. Levi has hit 18.5 pounds and making the waistline on his 6 months pants work hard :)
Is this where I thought being 25 was going to be like? No. Is there much I want to change? Other than my pile of laundry and DIRTY bedroom, absolutely not.
Comments
Post a Comment