No News

Thanks to a bit of "bloggers block", I haven't been able to get a post together that I have been pleased with. I have started 3 posts over the past month, but I disliked them all. Sheesh... You would think I was being paid for these or something.

Levi and I are in Oklahoma with the family. We arrived after a (thankfully!) non eventful car ride from New York on June 21. Thanks to my dad who flew into Buffalo, NY, we made excellent time and got to Oklahoma a day early. Levi did VERY well on the ride! We only had a couple melt downs that made me question the decision to drive 1,500 miles with a 3 month old. One in Springfield, MO made me understand those moms who freak out and yell at the gas station attendants who are working in a establishment without a changing station. I didn't yell or freak out, but I think the entire parking lot knew that Levi was EXTREMELY upset and that I was on the edge of screaming myself. Dad got us back on the road and we drove as quickly as possible and we will just remember that no matter how loud Levi is yelling, a bottle will fix it :)

It has been so wonderful being here with family while Ross is away. I am thankful that I was able to load up Levi and our dog and make the trip here to introduce Little Man to our friends and family. He has been pretty good at adjusting to the ever changing scenery and faces. He still desires quiet and calmness(never thought of Ross and I as calm), but he is learning to adjust to the noise of having people all around! We have been so blessed with a fantastic family, great friends who will drive 14+ hours total to see us for 6 hours, meals that I have missed, memories made, and hugs that have been needed. The family is major help while Ross is away.

I used to think of myself as a seasoned veteran of long distance relationships... I am out of practice. West Point had trained me to never expect much, always count on changes, and to be used to being away from the person I love. Then I was able to be with him every day for 2 years (minus a few field exercises here and there) and I kind of got used to seeing him. It baffles me that the person who drives me the craziest, is also the person I want to spend all my time with. I'm so ready for him to be done with  his training so Levi, Ross, and I can have some family time again. I suppose this "practice" will do me good for next year.

I know that it is a little jumbled and doesn't have a lot of information, but I suppose this will have to do. Maybe I will have a crazy thought in the next few days for another post. With a baby who is quickly learning that if he screams, he will be picked up and a quick family vacation, I can't guarantee that my mind will be doing anything but dreaming of a nap...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listening

Change of Identification

Late, but Never Forgotten Memory