Weekend Love
Growing up I loved weekends. It meant I could either hang out with friends, spend the night at a friends house, or stay with my Mamaw and Papaw. In high school, weekends were busy with basketball games, work, and hanging out with friends. In college weekends meant going to work on Saturday and hanging out. And now weekends have a different meaning. This last weekend was our first since Ross went back to work following his paternity leave. I was so excited to have him around for an entire day and be able to have a face to face conversation with a person who knows how to talk!
We spent Friday night laying around catering to Levi's every need (fresh diapers, fresh change of clothes, and feeding) and watching tv. Two of Ross' coworkers came by to meet Levi Saturday afternoon and then we went to a friends "Going Away to Ranger School" party that evening.
Sunday, Mr. Levi changed on us. It was his 3 week birthday and he decided to make it our first day to be parents to a very grumpy baby. After taking 20 minute naps, followed by 30+ minutes of yelling, followed by a 30 minute feeding, I was a VERY exhausted mom. But thankfully, when it came time to go to bed he decided to calm down and sleep very soundly from 1am-5am. Who would have thought 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep would be so glorious!
Weekends now contain laundry, diapers, feedings, and waiting for the crying to begin. I love weekends as much now as I did growing up. I get alone time with my two guys and also have help changing the 12 diapers throughout the day! Ross and I have a goal to sleep an 8 hour night in the year 2015. Maybe the blog following that night will be "A Whole New Weekend Love" :)
We spent Friday night laying around catering to Levi's every need (fresh diapers, fresh change of clothes, and feeding) and watching tv. Two of Ross' coworkers came by to meet Levi Saturday afternoon and then we went to a friends "Going Away to Ranger School" party that evening.
Sunday, Mr. Levi changed on us. It was his 3 week birthday and he decided to make it our first day to be parents to a very grumpy baby. After taking 20 minute naps, followed by 30+ minutes of yelling, followed by a 30 minute feeding, I was a VERY exhausted mom. But thankfully, when it came time to go to bed he decided to calm down and sleep very soundly from 1am-5am. Who would have thought 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep would be so glorious!
Weekends now contain laundry, diapers, feedings, and waiting for the crying to begin. I love weekends as much now as I did growing up. I get alone time with my two guys and also have help changing the 12 diapers throughout the day! Ross and I have a goal to sleep an 8 hour night in the year 2015. Maybe the blog following that night will be "A Whole New Weekend Love" :)
Comments
Post a Comment