Changes
Those of you who know me know that I do not like change. It takes me FOREVER to make a decision and once I have made one, I don't like for anything to change. There have been very few things that I have jumped right into, but what I have, I am still happy with. I did not hesitate when a guy asked me to marry him three years ago (in fact, I didn't even answer him for 9+ hours because I jumped so fast). I agreed very quickly to take a drive to pick up a puppy that Ross had committed us to. And lastly, I had no choice but to jump when a little stick(or four little sticks) read the word "PREGNANT". I know those are three very different things, but I don't jump often!
Now my days are full of changes. Diaper changes, outfit changes, blanket changes, position changes, volume changes, and whatever other changes this little 7 pound human demands. I am learning to deal with the changes on many levels. Ross' job is constantly telling us that things are going to change. Deployment possibility, new job (but never knowing when the new job is going to begin), and more details that are just annoying. I wish more than anything right now that someone would make a decision about these things and stick to it. I am being self centered and childish about these things, but I want to know what is going on! All of these things are affecting when Ross and I can take our little Levi to Oklahoma to meet the rest of our family and friends who weren't able to be here for his arrival. Sometimes I wish Ross' boss took personal calls :)
Yesterday Ross and I were told that there is a chance that we will change homes. We had been told in early January that we would not be given on post housing during our time here. Then yesterday a very nice woman named Leslie called and told me that 20 new houses were opening up in the next 6 weeks and that we were in the top 10 (YAY!) families on the waiting list. I am very thankful that we decided to stay on the list even after being told we would never be offered a home!! But as we have learned in our almost 2 years in the Army, is that everything changes. We have learned not to take anything that is told to us for value, until we have papers or orders in hand. Its annoying and EXTREMELY frustrating for this creature of habit, but I have to learn to deal. Now if only our apartment complex will work with us since we just resigned a year long lease on Monday... Ah timing, you are a funny thing.
Levi is great. He is tiny, adorable, sometimes stinky, and changing (yet another change) everyday. He is sleeping okay for the most part. Wakes up twice during the night and is awake for close to an hour and a half each time. Ross and I learning to adjust our sleeping pattern a little. We are attempting to not let Levi run the show, while also remembering that he doesn't even know if it is day or night. Sure would be nice if he would take his 4 hour nap during the night instead of the middle of the day! He is the biggest change for Ross and I as a couple and as individuals and for some reason, I'm okay with it.
Now my days are full of changes. Diaper changes, outfit changes, blanket changes, position changes, volume changes, and whatever other changes this little 7 pound human demands. I am learning to deal with the changes on many levels. Ross' job is constantly telling us that things are going to change. Deployment possibility, new job (but never knowing when the new job is going to begin), and more details that are just annoying. I wish more than anything right now that someone would make a decision about these things and stick to it. I am being self centered and childish about these things, but I want to know what is going on! All of these things are affecting when Ross and I can take our little Levi to Oklahoma to meet the rest of our family and friends who weren't able to be here for his arrival. Sometimes I wish Ross' boss took personal calls :)
Yesterday Ross and I were told that there is a chance that we will change homes. We had been told in early January that we would not be given on post housing during our time here. Then yesterday a very nice woman named Leslie called and told me that 20 new houses were opening up in the next 6 weeks and that we were in the top 10 (YAY!) families on the waiting list. I am very thankful that we decided to stay on the list even after being told we would never be offered a home!! But as we have learned in our almost 2 years in the Army, is that everything changes. We have learned not to take anything that is told to us for value, until we have papers or orders in hand. Its annoying and EXTREMELY frustrating for this creature of habit, but I have to learn to deal. Now if only our apartment complex will work with us since we just resigned a year long lease on Monday... Ah timing, you are a funny thing.
Levi is great. He is tiny, adorable, sometimes stinky, and changing (yet another change) everyday. He is sleeping okay for the most part. Wakes up twice during the night and is awake for close to an hour and a half each time. Ross and I learning to adjust our sleeping pattern a little. We are attempting to not let Levi run the show, while also remembering that he doesn't even know if it is day or night. Sure would be nice if he would take his 4 hour nap during the night instead of the middle of the day! He is the biggest change for Ross and I as a couple and as individuals and for some reason, I'm okay with it.
Comments
Post a Comment