Oh Baby

Disclaimer: First paragraph is a little insight on how my brain bounces. Please remember this as you bounce along for the rest of the blog :)

I have very little patience. My mind goes in thirty directions, takes four U-turns, and then starts taking hard lefts and rights. My brain in a funny thing and my mind is an odd place. Add some pregnancy (yep, it happened again) hormones, and things just get really strange.

While pregnant with Levi, I watch Scarface. A lot. Actually, I watched quite a few gangster/mob themed movies. They aren't typically my favorite movies, but for some reason tiny baby Levi inspired me to watch them often. I'm not really into Scarface with Baby #2, but my mind has definitely not been what I was classify as "normal".

I have NO memory, rational decision making skills(poor Ross), desire to eat healthy food, or many other things that I normally would be perfectly capable of doing. Tonight, for instance, I attempted to put the leftovers from supper in the pantry. I hear that sausage and pasta do not require refrigeration these days… Goodness.

I do not enjoy homemade food at the moment. I like Starbucks breakfast sandwiches, snow cones, candy bars, and Dr. Pepper. Oh, how I love Dr. Pepper. Everything else I eat because it feels like I should consume something different, but I mostly spend my time dreaming that they are one of the four previously mentioned foods. I vaguely remember doing this while pregnant with Levi, but not to this extreme. I remember a lot of frozen waffles, pasta, Goldfish crackers, and french fries with Levi.

Waffles make me queazy this time. Pasta seems very heavy. Goldfish are amazing in all phases of life. And french fries should be their own food group. This baby is very different than Little Man. He/She (next blog should be gender specific!) doesn't seem to know what sounds good pretty much ever. Which only adds to the lack of patience I have currently.

I don't like to be hungry. I get grumpy and VERY impatient waiting for a snack or a meal. But when your body tells you that it can handle a certain meal at one moment and then decides it cannot handle it and needs you to remove it from your stomach ASAP, it makes me long for the days of having a normal appetite. I don't want to wish my pregnancy to go faster (I need more prep time for sure), but I just want to feel a bit normal again.

Normal changed after Levi though. I'm not who I was almost three years ago when we found out there was a Levi in the making. I am okay with this change. It was one that completely caught us off guard, but a change that took our "normal" and threw it so far behind us that I can't remember a lot of it.

Will the same happen in October when Baby #2 arrives? Probably. Are Ross, Levi, Juno, and myself prepared for it? I bet three of us adjust much better than one, I'm just not sure who the one will be :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listening

Change of Identification

Late, but Never Forgotten Memory