Future
Lately I have found myself looking into the future and wondering what life will hold for our family. We have many different factors that will make it an interesting ride for us. I (shamefully) find myself looking around the house we have lived in for 6 short months and thinking that we will be packing it up in roughly 15 months. That is ridiculous to me. We don't even have all our pictures on the walls and I am already subconsciously packing it up and moving it back to Oklahoma. Dumb.
I caught myself thinking about pinning things on Pinterest for kid's school parties. Levi is 7 months old! He will not be in school for another 4 years (Yes, I know they will fly by. No need to remind me.) Let me be honest, I probably won't even remember Pinterst in 4 years. I will not pin those wonderful teacher gifts, snacks for class parties, or the other wonderful ideas. If I have to eat these words, I will be very happy though!
Most recently I have been thinking about the ever-looming deployment that is ahead of us. I have gone from thinking about it, to crying about it, to stressing about it, to not thinking about it, to accepting it. It is a part of our lifestyle and I know the other military spouses are probably rolling their eyes, but I'm simply not looking forward to it. But like I said, I am accepting it. I have Faith that all will be protected and cared for just as intended. That is the joy of having Faith.
There are some wonderful things that distract my thoughts of the future and make me smile. I love the sounds of my house. Ross's LOUD and passionate rants about politics, sports, Juno, works, and even me at times. Juno "lovingly" saying hello to all the kids getting off the school bus's. Levi jabbering about who knows what to the wall, Juno, or most recently, the baby on the Huggies baby wipes bag. Ross telling Levi as they go upstairs for Levi's bath, "B is for bath time". Ross calling me to come upstairs to watch Levi's excitement as Ross tickles him. Being beckoned from the other room because "Hey Mom, I'm upside down!" Ross asking, "Where did you get this recipe?" (Typically means that I have scored in the dinner game) And this tiny little giggle that melts our hearts. You never know when that giggle is going to happen, but when it does, it's money. There isn't much that beats those sounds and I am going to greatly miss the common denominator (Ross) next year.
I know the sounds are going to change in the near future. Football season will end, the snow plows will soon arrive, Ross will leave, we will spend time in Oklahoma, and Levi will start saying actual words. May not seem like big changes, but they will be enough for us. Life will take a HUGE change after Ross's deployment and the promotion ball begins to roll. A move, a school for Ross and maybe Levi, a house, and more I'm sure... We are not prepared for the new sounds that will follow all those changes.
I caught myself thinking about pinning things on Pinterest for kid's school parties. Levi is 7 months old! He will not be in school for another 4 years (Yes, I know they will fly by. No need to remind me.) Let me be honest, I probably won't even remember Pinterst in 4 years. I will not pin those wonderful teacher gifts, snacks for class parties, or the other wonderful ideas. If I have to eat these words, I will be very happy though!
Most recently I have been thinking about the ever-looming deployment that is ahead of us. I have gone from thinking about it, to crying about it, to stressing about it, to not thinking about it, to accepting it. It is a part of our lifestyle and I know the other military spouses are probably rolling their eyes, but I'm simply not looking forward to it. But like I said, I am accepting it. I have Faith that all will be protected and cared for just as intended. That is the joy of having Faith.
There are some wonderful things that distract my thoughts of the future and make me smile. I love the sounds of my house. Ross's LOUD and passionate rants about politics, sports, Juno, works, and even me at times. Juno "lovingly" saying hello to all the kids getting off the school bus's. Levi jabbering about who knows what to the wall, Juno, or most recently, the baby on the Huggies baby wipes bag. Ross telling Levi as they go upstairs for Levi's bath, "B is for bath time". Ross calling me to come upstairs to watch Levi's excitement as Ross tickles him. Being beckoned from the other room because "Hey Mom, I'm upside down!" Ross asking, "Where did you get this recipe?" (Typically means that I have scored in the dinner game) And this tiny little giggle that melts our hearts. You never know when that giggle is going to happen, but when it does, it's money. There isn't much that beats those sounds and I am going to greatly miss the common denominator (Ross) next year.
I know the sounds are going to change in the near future. Football season will end, the snow plows will soon arrive, Ross will leave, we will spend time in Oklahoma, and Levi will start saying actual words. May not seem like big changes, but they will be enough for us. Life will take a HUGE change after Ross's deployment and the promotion ball begins to roll. A move, a school for Ross and maybe Levi, a house, and more I'm sure... We are not prepared for the new sounds that will follow all those changes.
Comments
Post a Comment