Ode to Bath and Body Works

This whole pregnancy thing really puts a damper on buying clothes and liking the way they look. And why must they make so many maternity shirts with horizontal stripes? As if we didn't feel wide enough, let's put fabric that will create circles around your ever growing belly. Cool. Thanks "designers".

But thankfully I have discovered something that is the perfect size and is typically on sale! Bath and Body Works candles and Wallflowers. I do not have to worry about the size I purchase, because it is already done for me. I don't have to worry about it shrinking in the wash and being too short or too tight. I do not have to look in the mirror at yet another grey shirt with horizontal stripes. And I am happy.

On a particularly bad "I'm pregnant and fat" day, I waddled myself into the mall and spent a silly amount of money at Bath and Body Works. When warning Ross before he could tease me about it when he saw it on the bank statement, my exact words in Regina George fashion were, "Candles are all that fit me now!"

He didn't catch my "Mean Girls" reference, but he did very graciously say, "Whatever makes you happy."

He is a good guy and our house smells beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listening

Change of Identification

Late, but Never Forgotten Memory